WebSite Zip Packer Program, Save your downloaded website into one package
Posted by Hari Saryono on 17 March 2009
This is second part of downloading technique I wrote before. Downloading step can be explained as follows:
1. Determine what to download – use search engine
2. Checking the website structure – Use Flashget
3. Download only selected files – Use IDM
4. Download entire / part of website – use Teleport
All have been explained in part 1
Now, if you download entire website, you’ll have a large number of files. This is not practical because it takes long time to copy or distribute this files to your colleagues of friends. If you want to make your downloaded website packed in one file, while retain it’s link and structure, you need WEBSITE PACKER.
There are 2 Website packer i found till now, you can choose one of them
WebSiteZip Packer is free and easy-to-use application which will help you to turn a single HTML page or a group of pages into a solid executable file (.exe) with an integrated HTML browser. Ideal for e-books, product catalogs, site demos, manuals, and searchable information distribution.
After using our WebSiteZip Packer you can conveniently transport your HTML page or a complete web site as a single file embodying all necessary components (graphics, sounds, linked pages, etc.) and present it successfully independently of the type of HTML browser installed at the destination computer.
These are possible uses of WebSiteZip Packer:
- Use it to produce and distribute e-books;
- Let the visitors of your web site download the identical exe-version of the site for offline work;
- Create convenient offline presentations and catalogs;
- Create guides and manuals for your software products;
- Use it for any purpose where you need a solid executable file with an integrated HTML browser instead of piles of separate files and folders which are usual attributes of HTML pages.
With WSZ packer you can produce an e-book / html to exe file in just 3 steps:
- Select your home page
- set your options, then
- click the build button.
Your e-books are also very easy to distribute because everything is compiled into a single file.
- you build compact self extracting ebooks with one click;
- one ebook, one source file. All visual, no compilation, no coding, no complications…;
- no royalties: you’re free to redistribute your ebook / ebrochure over the Internet and on CD;
- you can create unlimited number of ebooks;
- built-in browser (no Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera or Mozilla required);
- full-text search capability;
- you make .exe or wsz ebooks freely distributable, i.e. no royalties;
- you can prohibit print or copy or save;
- Absolute expiry – you can set a date at which point in time the ebook will cease to open.
- Password protect ebook function – you can protect your ebook from prying eyes by giving it a password so that only those that have the key can open the box.
- you can also prevent unauthorized distribution of the ebook/exe file by specifying a warning message.
- you can assign different passwords for different users;
- little, quick and smart: runs on Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP;
- comprehensive manual; easy to learn and easy to start;
- you are not forced to sell your ebook through us;
- does not require Internet Explorer or any other software installed;
- this Html2exe compiler is the fastest way to produce an e-book. The compiler has been optimized to handle thousands of html pages per minute;
- you can specify manually the types of files you want to be included or not included into your resulting solid ebook EXE file.
Pros and Cons
Free, small and reliable. You can search your file just like a site, download or just read embedded file
sometimes, image doesn’t appear in your final result. Always cross check your result
WebZIP lets you download web pages or entire Web sites and save them onto your hard drive for much faster offline browsing or as an archive of your favourite sites. WebZIP lets you save all pages, images, sounds and other media typesdirectly onto your hard disk.
Downloading and saving the Web information you require is a simple 4-step process. This guided tour, will take you through the process of downloading a Web site, checking the progress of your download, and viewing the captured Web content quickly offline, even while the download is still in progress.
Download Web sites to your hard disk
Use WebZIP to download web pages or entire web sites, including images, sounds and other media files to your hard drive, so you can browse them offline.
Browse offline anywhere, anytime at breakneck speeds
Save reference material, online books, e-zines, news articles and other Web content to your hard drive and browse them anywhere, any time – fast!.
Great for taking the Web on the road with you, to a presentation, on a plane or train or anywhere an Internet connection is hard to find.
Save your sites to HTML-Help (CHM)
Using the new FAR add-in tool for WebZIP, you can compile your downloaded content to HTML-Help.
With just a few simple clicks, you get a single compressed HTML-Help file, complete with: Table of Contents, Index, and Full-Text Search capabilities of your captured Web site.
Webmasters Note: HTML-Help files (CHM) are a great way to make available to your site visitors specific sections of your site, in a single, easy to download, easy to view format.
Zip up the Web
The FAR add-in tool for WebZIP also gives you the option of saving your captured Web content into a single compressed Zip file – a great way to archive Web sites, or distribute them to friends and coleagues.
Save valuable time and money
Save valuable time and money by not having to connect to the Internet to browse the same Web sites over and over again for the same information.
Capture only the information you want
WebZIP’s powerful Project Editor gives you total control over what and how much of a Web site is downloaded. It lets you specify the file types, depth and scope of retrieval in addition to giving you powerful URL and location filters and allowing you scheduling your download for any time of the day.
Pros and Cons
Pros : search, zip, offline browsing, continue downloading
Cons : tell me in comment area
Documentation and the tutorial
Download the documentation here