Text Mining Tool, Freeware to directly open PDF and Word in Text Mode
Posted by Hari Saryono on 16 March 2009
It’s sometimes useful to open pdf file or word file directly in text mode. For example, when Adobe or MS Word is not available, or we just need to copy and paste some phrase in one document. And again, copying a a text in pdf is time consuming and sometimes “restricted” too.
Here’s a program to do so. Text Mining Tool.
Text Mining Tool is a free program that can extract text from PDF, DOC, RTF, CHM and HTML files without needing to have any other installed programs that open these files such as MS Word or a PDF reader.
If you ever need to extract text out of any of the above mentioned file formats you can use Text Mining Tool to do so quickly and easily. All you have to do is load the source file and it will extract the text and display it for you, after which you can either save the text file or copy it into the clipboard.
Of course, you can always use a free program such as OpenOffice to open and edit a number of these formats, and many PDF readers allow you to select text from the PDF file and copy it into the clipboard. However, if you don’t want to install any programs or have to open these programs and then manually go through the process of grabbing the text, Text Mining Tool can do it all for you in a single click.
- Hotkeys: all functions can be performed using hotkeys (open/save/copy to clipboard).
- Portable: no install necessary, simply extract and run.
- CLI tool: entitled minetext is included for use from the command line interface.
- Works as converter of PDF, DOC, RTF, CHM, HTML files to text.
- .NET 2.0 framework based.
- No payment or license restrictions. Tool is absolutely free.
Notes : You need to install Net Framework 2.0 to use this program. If you don’t have one, please visit this site.